Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thing #7: Exploring Google and Google Tools

As I noted below, I was almost finished with 23 Things and accidentally lost most files today. So, I explored Google tools a while back. I set up a customized iGoogle home page with all all my favorite news sources and fun pictures such as funny cat photos and appealing world travel sites. I added a podcast: This American Life from NPR. I am thrilled with my home page. I also set up a Google Alert about children's books and have been receiving one every few days. I saved many Google Docs for future use such as business card and education templates. It would be fun for my students to customize their own iGoogle library page, including podcasts and videocasts. Many of the Google Docs, especially under education, could be adapted for our curriculum. Students would love the Google Map feature, both to map their own homes and to learn about the wider world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Children's Books

Some Favorite Adult Books

  • Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
  • Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
  • Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali (memoir)
  • The Highest Tide by Jim Lynch
  • The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
  • Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri