Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thing # 8: RSS feeds

I set up my Google Reader account a few weeks ago and subscribed to several RSS feeds. What I like best about this technology is how easy it is to subscribe and manage your feeds. I even put a "feeder reader" (my term) on my desktop so I can check it whenever I have a few minutes between classes.

I added several blogs about children's books from people like Roger Sutton (The Horn Book editor) and Mo Willems (my favorite!). I also added feeds about ADHD and dyslexia because I work with students who have learning differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Children's Books

Some Favorite Adult Books

  • Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
  • Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
  • Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali (memoir)
  • The Highest Tide by Jim Lynch
  • The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
  • Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri