Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thing # 6: Mashups and Third Party Tools

I had fun playing with the mashups and third party tools. I loved the Flickr toys - I made a a jigsaw puzzle using old photos of my parents-in-law. I also created some other art, such as a trading card (see below) and a magazine cover. My students will love this! I could use the Magazine Cover feature for concise book reports and the Trading Cards for students to learn about or review a topic such as the Dewey Decimal Classification System.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Children's Books

Some Favorite Adult Books

  • Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
  • Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
  • Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali (memoir)
  • The Highest Tide by Jim Lynch
  • The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
  • Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri