Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing # 13: Tagging, Delicious, and Social Bookmarking

Tagging and social bookmarking are new to me. I found tagging helpful in locating, organizing, and retrieving information. Tagging seems to be popping up everywhere, including retail sites such as Amazon and, probably, Netflix. Tags must be the source of "personal recommendations" on retail sites. And I thought there was a person sitting in a corner thinking about me (only kidding).

I heard of Delicious but didn't quite know what it was. I had fun finding blogs and websites, saving them, and organizing them into bundles. I also located several "friends," including my boss, and it was helpful to explore and save several of her favorite sites. I put a Delicious icon on my tool bar for easy access. My bundles seem to focus on these areas: children's books, reading groups, writing, and organic food/agriculture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Children's Books

Some Favorite Adult Books

  • Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
  • Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
  • Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali (memoir)
  • The Highest Tide by Jim Lynch
  • The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
  • Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri