Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing # 12: Commenting and Creating Community

Who knew that 90% of people are blog and website lurkers? It almost sounds indecent. I now realize the importance of commenting to encourage others, spark dialogue and thought, and build community. I have enjoyed viewing other 23 Things blogs in this class. I've also enjoyed the comments people have written to me. I know - my site is almost comment-free, but it wasn't always. As mentioned, I accidentally erased most blog files. My 23 Things mentor has given me so many ideas for curriculum. Thank you, Pat!

Now that I've read the etiquette and other articles, I'm making it a point to comment on others blogs frequently. I try to say something meaningful, but if I don't have anything earth shattering, I offer encouragement and support. No one wants to hang out in cyberspace alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Children's Books

Some Favorite Adult Books

  • Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
  • Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
  • Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali (memoir)
  • The Highest Tide by Jim Lynch
  • The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
  • Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri