Saturday, June 18, 2011

Beyond Method # 3: Google Maps and Mashups




This unit was frustrating for me. I saved my created map under "my maps," but I couldn't link it to this blog. I worked on this for over an hour. There's something I'm not doing right. The message kept saying "This won't work if you have Map Labels" checked, so I kept un-checking them and they would go back automatically.

Anyhow, I can see how this tool can be very useful to individuals, libraries, and businesses. Listening to the videos made me more aware that libraries (especially public ones) are a business and need to market themselves as a business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Children's Books

Some Favorite Adult Books

  • Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
  • Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
  • Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali (memoir)
  • The Highest Tide by Jim Lynch
  • The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
  • Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri